Welcome & What’s Happening
- It was an absolute delight to talk to Lara Ehrlich, author of the short story collection Animal Wife and host of the “Writer, Mother, Monster” podcast. We discussed parenting, foster parenting, the importance of childcare, pop culture, decorating (and not decorating), and why it is that the baby in Twilight grows up so fast. You can watch/listen here.
- I’m a little late to post this, but I wanted to share this wonderful review of Home is Where the Hurt Is. Allocco writes: “Hosey’s book is beautifully organized and written…this book would work well in many undergraduate or graduate courses in Women’s and Gender Studies, Communication and Media Studies, History, American Studies, Sociology, or Psychology. Furthermore, Hosey has organized this book so beautifully and constructed such a tight and through argument that this book would also work well in any course that teaches or emphasizes student writing.”
- Things take a turn for the sinister when two adolescent girls appoint themselves custodians of a child alone in a playground. I’m excited to share my short story “Christine” is now available in the latest issue of East by Northeast Literary.
- I have a new piece about craft books up on Medium.
- I signed a contract for my next YA novel! It’s forthcoming Spring 2022!
- Iffy won 1st Place in the CIBA Dante Rossetti Book Awards.
- My short story, “Elephant Realty” is in the print issue of Cordella Mag-you can pick one up here.
- I’ve been reading Bust magazine since I was a tiny baby feminist, so it’s extra rewarding to have Iffy featured on their site–oh my heart!
- My YA novel, Iphigenia Murphy came out in March 2020; a paperback was just released.
- Iffy was an official selection of the Children’s Book Council for Children’s Book Week (#bookweeksuperpower!) and won a silver ribbon in the Reader’s Favorites Book Contest; in addition to some truly amazing feedback from readers–some of which you can see here–the School Library Journal wrote that “readers will be swept away by this angsty survival tale.” Yes!
- My novella, Great Expectations is available here. Great Expectations tells the story of Cinnamon Lou, a woman on the run, who takes refuge with her misanthropic aunt. I hope you’ll check it out.
This past year, I’ve had the opportunity to do lots of cool events–here are some links if you’re interested!
- A reading, hosted by the Astoria Bookshop. Check it out on youtube!
- An interview with author Jeff Garvin–you can see us on Instagram Live @jeffgarvin.
- A conversation with author Laurel Brett on the SeaWitch books podcast.
- An interview with Carly Heath, available on her Youtube channel.
If you click around, you’ll see I’ve posted links to some of my other work, as well as articles on writing and publishing. Thanks for stopping by!